Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5 Minute Taco Bean Dip Chips

Happy Tuesday! I love Tuesdays, do you? Monday is already over and  yet the deadlines, chores, and end of the week tasks are still far out!

Before I get started I  just wanted to say "Hi!" to all the new readers who are just joining me here. Have a look around, hopefully you will be inspired by some crafting, baking, or party ideas! Have you liked us on facebook yet? Just click the cute little facebook button over here ---------------------> 

For today's posts......yummy taco bean dip chips. Last week I was sharing some of my favorite and most asked about foods. I hadn't got to this one yet, but it's a huge favorite in this house :)


This recipe came from my mom, hi mom! Growing up she always made this with Tacos for dinner, all of us kids loved it and there was never any left overs. Normally we make this bean dip by layering the ingredients in a glass pan, then it's scooped out and served normally, with tortilla chips of course. Sometimes we make this for get togethers and what really happens is everybody scoops out their servings, eats it, and then everybody ends up using chips and scraping it out of the dish all night as they walk by. Hehe, like I said there's never any leftovers. So I thought why not put the dip in scoops? Easy for serving and no plate required.  Ok and really I just like to pipe stuff :) 

This makes a great little snack or appetizer for Taco night...or any other night. And the best part? It takes bout 5 minutes, you know I love easy things! Here's how to whip some up for your guest...or your self because really you should try some first right? ;)

Here's what you will need:
1 16oz. can of refried beans
1 16oz sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
1 bag of scoops tortilla chips
2 pipping bags or ziplock bags

Step 1: Mix about 3/4 packet of taco seasoning right into the sourcream carton. I have found the flavor gets much better as it sits. So if your able to mix this up a few hours or even the night before. It can be served right away though.

Step 2: Open you bag of chips and sort out all the usable scoops still in bowl shape. Place them right on the tray you willbe using to serve. I had well over 60 just from one bag. 

Step 3: Open refried beans and spoon refried beans and sour cream mixture into seperate
pipping bags. Ziplock bags work just fine too.



Step  4:  Cut tip off bean bag (who'd of thought I would ever be pipping beans!) and pipe a little into each shell.



Step 5: Cut tip off sour cream mixture and pipe some on top of the bean dip.


Step 6: Cut tip off sour cream mixture and pipe some on top of the bean dip, you may want to cover the beans completely. I think mine needed a little more of the sour cream.




Step 7: Now sprinkle a little cheese on top of each. And if you'd like sprinkle a little of your extra taco seasoning on each to finish them up.


 5 ingredients + 5 ingredients  = yumminess

Since the shells will get soft they can't be in the fridge for too long, so I reccomend making them right before serving. You can make the same dip in a dish and refridgerate. Just layers beans, then sourcream mixture, cheese, and sprinkle taco seasoning leveling after each layer.

-Toni