Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Blog updates are coming soon! Don't forget to follow MBC on facebook by liking our new fan page :)



There's really no need for an introduction this post. Chocolate, peanut butter, reeses cups, yum. That pretty much sums it up!


I've tired lots of chocolate cupcake recipes...but for this one I love hershey's chocolate cupcake recipe. The rich flavor of chocolate goes so great with the creamy peanut butter topping. Most often the topping gets more glory but not in this case, these little babies are moist and chocolatey. My husband says this is hands down the best cupcake recipe he's ever had. The topping is creamy and well...I could eat it with a spoon. I try not to have extras when I bake these, they destroy my will power! Ok time to get baking...

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cupcakes:
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

In a large bowl (mixer bowl if you have one) mix together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add in eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in boiling water and beat for 2 minutes. Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full (I used 4TBS) and bake at 350 for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Isn't that crazy simple?!?! No swaping bowls slowly adding things ect. I love recipes like this! And suprisingly I didn't change a thing. Just a little tip...the batter is REALLY thin! The first time I made it I thought it was as baking fail for sure because it was so thing. But to my suprise they baked up perfectly! Since it was so thin I used 4 TBS of batter in each liner and they baked up perfet.


Now for the topping. I honestly have no idea where I got this recipe from. Something I tried one day and have kept it ever since, seriously it's so good!

Creamy peanut butter frosting:
1 stick unsalted butter
1 8oz package Philidelphia cream cheese
1 cup JIF smooth peanut butter
4-5 cups powdered sugar
1-2 TBS milk

Cream together unsalted butter and cream cheese. Once well blended add in peanut butter. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 TBS milk. Add 2 more cups of powdered sugar. If too soft you can add some or all of the last cup of powdered sugar. If too firm you can add another TBS of milk.

Please remember there is cream cheese in these!! Keep them in the fridge until it's about time to serve :)



There's no wrong way, to eat a reeses.
(But I'm pretty sure this is my favorite)